Strän is committed to conducting its business affairs in a socially responsible and ethical manner consistent with all applicable national and local legal requirements. This also reflects on our commitment to providing our customers with products that meet or exceed their expectations. The quality and safety of our products is a matter of utmost importance to us. We work continuously with our manufacturers and suppliers to promote and improve the safety of our items and have enjoyed very successful partnerships with suppliers within the United States and manufacturers in China for 20 years.
Our core group of suppliers have all received Certification from the Quality Certification Alliance, QCA, an independent, not-for-profit organization that verifies thru third-party audits that companies have in place policies and procedures to ensure that their products meet applicable regulatory standards. Buying merchandise from QCA certified companies helps protect brands by offering compliance with the highest product standards in the market. The QCA Seal of Approval is a symbol of quality, safety and trust. It demonstrates a member’s credibility and responsibility to the public, their customers and business partners.
It is our policy to maintain just and decent working conditions throughout our business, and we require our suppliers to do so as well. Each supplier confirms that their products are produced in a socially and environmentally responsible way conforming to Fair Labor Association, FLA, standards while adhering to a strict Code of Business Conduct conforming to the standards listed below:
- Forced Labor – Strän and its suppliers do not use any type of forced labor, whether in the form of prison labor, indentured labor, bonded labor, or otherwise.
- Child Labor – Strän and its suppliers do not employ any person under the age of 18 years old. The use of child labor by suppliers is also strictly prohibited.
- Harassment or Abuse – at Strän and at its suppliers, every employee is treated with dignity and respect. No employee shall be subject to any physical, sexual, psychological, or verbal harassment or abuse.
- Health and Safety – all employees shall be provided with a safe and healthy working environment to prevent accidents and injury to health arising out of, linked with, or occurring in the course of work or as a result of the operation of Strän or its suppliers facilities.
- Wages and Benefits – Strän and its suppliers recognize that wages are essential to meeting employees’ basic needs. Stran and its suppliers pay all employees at least minimum wage as required by all applicable local laws and provides all legallymandated benefits.
- Hours of Work – except in extraordinary business circumstances, Strän and its suppliers employees do not work more than either (a) the limits on regular and overtime hours allowed by local law; or (b) on average, 60 hours per week, inclusive of overtime.
- Overtime Compensation – in addition for compensation for regular hours of work, all Strän and its suppliers employees are compensated.
DOMESTIC PRODUCT SAFETY AND COMPLIANCE.
As a part of our commitment to deliver value to our clients, we have implemented stringent controls to ensure that the products you purchase through Strän are safe under new federal CPSIA regulations.
IMPORT PRODUCT SAFETY AND COMPLIANCE.
Strän partners with a number of independent global companies to ensure compliance and guarantee product safety on all direct import orders produced for our customers overseas. Two agencies we work with are:
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. Recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity, they employ more than 67,000 people and operate a network of over 1,250 offices and laboratories around the world. They are the leader in providing specialized business solutions that improve quality, safety and productivity and reduce risk. STRAN relies on SGS’s extensive inspection and testing capabilities and laboratories to assure that the products we produce meet and exceed all quality, social compliance and safety requirements. http://www.sgs.com
Bureau Veritas is a world leader in conformity assessment and certification services. They are a trusted partner of their clients, offering services and developing innovative solutions to reduce risk, improve performance and promote sustainable development. They help their clients ensure that their products meet standards and regulations in terms of quality, health and safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations. http://bureauveritas.com